Institution, Industry or Private Practice
Feb. 05, 2018
Jul. 11, 2018
Assistant or Associate Professor Anesthesiology
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine
The Department of Clinical Sciences and Advanced Medicine
The Department of Clinical Sciences at Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) invites applications for 1 full-time faculty position in Veterinary Anesthesia and Pain Management beginning immediately. Rank will be dependent upon qualifications but can be at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. Candidates must have a DVM degree or equivalent and advanced residency training in Anesthesia and Pain Management. Preference will be given to those who are diplomates of the ACVAA (or ECVAA), but candidates who are ACVAA or ECVAA board-eligible may be considered. A PhD is preferred but not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• The successful candidate will contribute to instruction of veterinary medical students, and is expected to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students throughout the University.
• Primary after-hours emergency support in anesthesia is provided by anesthesia technicians, with shared back-up support by anesthesia faculty.
• Teaching responsibilities include primarily didactic and laboratory instruction of veterinary medical students.
• Faculty members are expected to be involved in continuing education, committee service, and curriculum development.
• Faculty have a 70% appointment in teaching, which comprises participation in 3 semesters per year of teaching didactic lectures and laboratories, consultation and support for clinicians in the Ross University Veterinary Clinic, with the remaining time split between research (20%) and service (10%).
• Research publications or other scholarly activities to advance veterinary anesthesiology and/or pain management are expected.
• Successful faculty are expected to develop an extramurally funded research program that includes collaboration with other scientists, advising of graduate student research, and publication in peer-reviewed journals.
• Completes other duties as assigned.Qualifications
• A DVM or comparable degree is required.
• Board certification in Anesthesiology (ACVAA American College of Veterinary Anesthesiology and Analgesia or European College of Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia) and a PhD are preferred.
• Research expertise, as evidenced by a record of funded research and peer-reviewed publications is required for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor.
• There is an expectation to develop a focused research program.
• S/He will have demonstrated expertise in teaching professional DVM students in anaesthesiology.
• The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with others in a collegial team atmosphere.
There is no personal income tax in St. Kitts. As an expatriate, you may still be responsible to report income in your home country. Please consult a tax advisor for more information on implications for you.
If you have questions, please contact:
Cynthia Butchley , firstname.lastname@example.org
Where & How to Apply
Instructions: Interested applicants should apply online at http://veterinary.rossu.edu/about/careers-at-rusvm.html. A letter of intent describing the vision of their contribution in areas of teaching, research and service, a curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of three references will be required. Questions about the position can be addressed to Dr. Jill Maney (mailto:email@example.com) or Cynthia Butchley (firstname.lastname@example.org). This position is available currently and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Reference letters are requested prior to on campus interviews. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Dr. Jill Maney