Institution, Industry or Private Practice
Apr. 12, 2018
Oct. 12, 2018
The Western College of Veterinary Medicine,Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences
The Western College of Veterinary Medicine offers two permanent, full-time, clinical appointments in Veterinary Anesthesia commencing June 1, 2018 and July 1, 2018, or when acceptable candidates are available. Candidates will be responsible for anesthesia clinical case management of large, small and exotic animals as well as the clinical instruction and supervision of final year veterinary students during the anesthesia clinical rotation. The successful candidate will not be expected to participate in didactic teaching, but will participate in the laboratory instruction of veterinary students. After hours duties will be shared with other clinicians in the anesthesia section on a shiftwork basis.
• Play a leadership role in mentoring and providing professional development opportunities, experience, assessment and training for veterinary technicians, veterinary students and postgraduate veterinarians
• Provision of quality veterinary anesthesia and associated care to client-owned, teaching, and research animals.
• Excellence in patient management in an acute care setting consistent with a referral teaching institution
• Management/organization of the service in partnership with faculty members, colleagues and anesthesia technicians and dedication to the development and growth of all facets of the Anesthesia service
• After-hours duties will be shared with other clinical associates and residents in the service through a structured, self-managed, flexible work plan.
Candidates must have a DVM degree (or equivalent). Candidates must be a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Anesthesiology and Analgesia or the European College of Veterinary Anesthesiology and Analgesia or have credentials acceptable to these bodies at the time of hire. Experience with clinical teaching is desirable.
The current salary range is $79,448 to $132,331 (Specialist/Professional Phase 3) per annum for an individual with ACVAA or ECVAA board certification. If a qualified candidate with Board certification cannot be found, the successful candidate will be initially hired at the Phase 2 level (Salary Range $62,850 to $98,205 per annum) and will be upgraded to Phase 3 upon obtaining the required qualifications. This position comes with a comprehensive benefits package which includes pension plan, life insurance (compulsory and voluntary),sick leave, travel insurance, death benefit, dental plan, extended health and vision care plan, employee assistance program and flexible health and wellness spending program. The successful candidate will be eligible for participation in the Clinical Earnings Supplement of the W.C.V.M. for after-hours work. Licensing fees for the province of Saskatchewan will be covered.
Where & How to Apply
Instructions: Inquiries regarding this position can be directed to Dr. Cindy Shmon firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-966-7099. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. View careers.usask.ca for complete job advertisements.
Dr. Cindy Shmon