Institution, Industry or Private Practice
Nov. 19, 2018
Mar. 31, 2019
Murdoch University College of Veterinary Medicine
The Animal Hospital, School of Veterinary Medicine and Life Sciences
• Three year fixed-term contract
• Full-time position (37.5 hours per week)
• H0808 | $94K p.a. plus 17% superannuation contribution
• Ref: 1532B35/202116
The Animal Hospital At Murdoch University is the teaching hospital within Murdoch University School of Veterinary and Life Sciences. We aim to provide a responsive, comprehensive, referral service to Western Australian veterinarians, their clients and their patients. We also provide high professional and clinical standards, based on available scientific evidence, which are tempered with genuine care and compassion.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Registrar to join our Anaesthesia team. The key responsibility of this role is to provide high level veterinary anaesthesia and analgesia services to clinical sections within The Animal Hospital At Murdoch University. The successful candidate will also provide support and training to specialty trainees, students, visiting veterinarians and veterinary nurses in all aspects of anaesthesia and analgesia. For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
The successful candidate will possess:
• A veterinary degree registrable by the Veterinary Surgeons’ Board of Western Australia.
• Specialist qualifications in veterinary anaesthesia (FANZCVS, DECVAA, or DACVAA) or successful completion of an approved anaesthesia residency training program. Candidates with extensive clinical anaesthesia experience and/or ANZCVS Memberships (or equivalent) in veterinary anaesthesia will also be considered.
• Highly effective communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, and the demonstrated capability and willingness to interact constructively with staff at all levels of an organisation.
• Excellent organisational, time and workload management skills, including the ability to prioritise workload to meet strict deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to use initiative and ability to work cohesively in a team environment.
With strong links to government, business and the community, Murdoch University helps people discover how to make a difference. Our staff and students are committed to high quality education, innovative research, and strong community engagement both locally and internationally.
Prospective staff can expect to enjoy the lively, natural campus and dynamic work environment, as well as a range of benefits and services unique to employment at Murdoch. There’s never been a better time to join us.
Where & How to Apply
Instructions: For more information or to apply: Please visit http://jobs.murdoch.edu.au/ to view the Position Description. Here you will also find the online form to submit your application. Please note that emailed applications will not be accepted. Closing date: 17 December 2018 (11:59pm) Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, and individuals with disability. Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process. Position contact: Dr Jen Davis, Lecturer in Veterinary Anaesthesia via email at Jennifer.Davis@murdoch.edu.au
Dr Jen Davis
Lecturer in Veterinary Anaesthesia