Resident Smiths-Medical Abstract Award
- Dr. Kathryn Zatroch – College of Veterinary Medicine , Cornell University “Evaluation of Atipamezole as Treatment for Dexmedetomidine-Induced Cardiovascular Depression in Anesthetized Cats” (Small animal category)
- Dr. Kelley Varner — College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania “Efficacy of alveolar recruitment in anesthetized horses ventilated with Heliox or 30% Oxygen/70% Nitrogen” (Large animal/other category) Congratulations Drs. Zatrich and Varner!
- Dr. Melissa Smith from the University of Georgia, Athens, received the Small Animal Abstract Award for “Effect of propofol and ketamine -diazepam on intraoculaire pressure in healthy premeditated dogs. “
- Dr. Keely Wilson received the Large Animal Abstract Award for ‘Agreement between invasive blood pressure measured in three peripheral arteries in anesthetized horses under clinical conditions’. Congratulations to Drs. Smith and Wilson.
- Dr. Ashley Mitek, a resident at Illinois, received the small animal abstract award for her presentation on “Development and Standardization of Internal Tracheal Diameter Cervical Vertebral Length Ratios in Dachshunds, Beagles, Labrador Retrievers, Yorkshire Terriers, Boxers, and Pugs”.
- Dr. Melanie Jarrett received the large animal abstract award for her presentation on “Recovery of Horses from General Anesthesia Following Induction with Either Propofol or Midazolam Followed by Ketamine.”