ACVAA Certification Endorsement Program
The American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia (ACVAA) wishes to announce their Endorsement Guidelines for Certificate Granting Programs in the areas of Veterinary Anesthesia and Perioperative Analgesia. As the only AVMA recognized specialty organization in the areas of anesthesia and acute pain management in North America, the ACVAA is offering the review and endorsement of continuing education that fulfills the certificate-granting program requirements stated within the endorsement guidelines. The necessary requirements can be found on the ACVAA website along with a brief summary of the guidelines and the Endorsement Application. For a program to be considered, it must provide at least 12 hours of training in the areas of veterinary anesthesia and/or perioperative analgesia and pain management. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. All providers of CE programming in the areas of veterinary anesthesia and perioperative analgesia/pain management are encouraged to apply.
List of ACVAA-Endorsed Certificate Programs
- European School for Advanced Veterinary Studies (ESAVS) Principles of small Animal Anesthesia and Perioperative Analgesia Program for Veterinary Nurses, Tierklinik Neandertal, Haan, Germany; Bernd Driessen, DVM, PhD, DACVAA, DECVPT (course master)
- Veterinary Regional Anesthesia Bootcamp, Matthew Read, DVM, DACVAA (course master)
- Unione Italiana Societa Veterinarie (UNISVET) Executive Master Course in Small Animal Anesthesiology for Practitioners, Milan, Italy; Chiara Adami, DVM, PhD, DACVAA, DECVAA (course master)
- Certificate Course in Principles Techniques of Small Animal Anesthesia, Preoperative Analgesia and Critical Patient Care– ACVAA & AVTAA Endorsed & RACE -Approved Program for Veterinary Technicians. — For information and to register go to click here. The cause has been renewed through 2023.
For North America click here.
For EUROPE click here.
- Certificate course: Equine Anesthesia, Analgesia & Perioperative Care (Anästhesie, Analgesie & Perioperative
Versorgung beim Pferd) -A Continued Education Program for Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses in 3 modules. This course will be offered in Europe and North America in 2019. For information for Veterinarians click here.
For Veterinary nurses, technicians click here.