Location: Philadelphia, PA
BluePearl Pet Hospital is seeking a second full-time or part-time anesthesiologist to join our state-of-the-art emergency and specialty hospitals in the greater Philadelphia, PA area. The position would include the potential to work out of either our Levittown or Conshohocken, PA hospitals or split time between the two locations.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
The candidate must be a boarded anesthesiologist or board eligible candidate with the expectation to be boarded within the near future. Our Philadelphia network hospitals were to incorporate the specialty of anesthesiology and pain management within the BluePearl network, and we are looking for a driven anesthesiologist who is interested in expanding this service.
This candidate will work with our specialists and technicians in management of anesthetic cases, the teaching of our technicians, interns, and residents, provide consults for both anesthetic and pain management protocols, deliver outreach lectures for our referring veterinary community, and be an active participant in our national network’s group of anesthesiologists.
Responsibilities will be shared with our current anesthesiologist. We are looking for an individual with outstanding communication skills, an ability to work within a very large and diverse team, a desire to teach and a collegial and collaborative personality.
BluePearl Philadelphia Network offers a strong collaborative atmosphere between our anesthesiologists and our board-certified and board-eligible clinicians specializing in cardiology, dentistry & oral surgery, dermatology, diagnostic imaging, emergency & critical care, internal medicine, neurology/neurosurgery, oncology, and surgery. Our clinicians are supported by highly qualified, dedicated technicians within each service that provide anesthesia to our patients under the guidance and supervision of our current anesthesiologist and their primary clinicians.
Our Levittown, PA facility is a 20,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art facility that is also a Level 1 certified trauma facility, with on-site radioactive iodine treatment, Toshiba 64-slice CT scanner, fluoroscopy C-arm suite, laparoscopic, thorascopic, and arthroscopic capabilities, 1.5 T MRI and dedicated ICU.
Our Conshohocken, PA facility is a state-of-the-art 9,000-square-foot facility (that is currently expanding by 5,000 sq feet) and is equipped with a Toshiba 64-slice CT scanner, fluoroscopy C-arm, laparoscopic, thorascopic, and arthroscopic capabilities and dedicated ICU.
How to apply:
Contact for more info: Alison Cornell, DVM – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Annual company store allowance.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off, parental leave, and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.