Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Anesthesiologist – San Francisco Bay Area – New Hospital and Existing Anesthesiology Service
Who we are: SAGE is a network of hospitals in the San Francisco Bay Area that is known for providing the highest level of Emergency and Specialty care in the industry. We are proud of the collaboration that happens in our hospitals — our specialists work together to enable optimal patient outcomes and foster professional growth and learning. Our Anesthesiology service is a growing and vital part of the team.
Who you are:
- You’d like to join a team of Anesthesiologists that works together to elevate the level of veterinary medicine across all specialties.
- You are a residency-trained, board eligible, or boarded anesthesiologist with a strong background and interest in small animal anesthesia and analgesia.
- You want to join a network of hospitals that prioritizes continuing education for our doctors and technicians, and you want to play a role in educating them.
- You enjoy advancing veterinary anesthesia and analgesia knowledge and safety across all specialties in a collaborative environment.
Location: This role will be located at our Concord, CA hospital. We are building a beautiful new building and look forward to welcoming an Anesthesiologist who will work alongside our teams.
Some of the responsibilities you will own in this role:
- Primary anesthesia care of challenging small animal cases.
- Supervision of anesthesia and analgesia care and advancing technician training to build a knowledgeable and skilled anesthesia team.
- Working with our team of anesthesiologists and other specialists to advance anesthesia and analgesia techniques, safety, and quality of our anesthesia programs. This includes provision of remote anesthesia care to our affiliate practices, giving them access to advanced anesthesia expertise.
- Provision of after-hours ER consults on a rotating basis with our other anesthesiologists. Our monitors allow real-time access from anywhere which allows us to provide expert care for any of our hospitals at any time.
- Serving as a resource for our referring veterinarians and SAGE Veterinary Centers partners to provide consultations and CE.
- Collaborating with other SAGE veterinary specialists on acute and chronic pain management planning.
Basic required qualifications:
- DVM eligible for licensure in California
- DACVAA or residency trained and board-eligible
- Signing bonus
- Relocation assistance – let’s talk!
- Get paid to learn! We’ll cover eligible expenses for continuing education and coursework
- There is opportunity to purchase equity in SAGE as a full-time doctor, and an opportunity to be awarded equity in SAGE with tenure.
SAGE Veterinary Centers, a nationally recognized veterinary specialty hospital system in the Bay Area and central Washington and Alaska employs 600+ employees and veterinarians in a 24/7 setting. Our doctors and outstanding support staff have created a unique environment emphasizing high caliber, compassionate and ethical service to our patients, clients, and referring veterinarians, as well as a continued commitment to the growth and welfare of everyone involved in our organization.
We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package with generous employer cost sharing that includes medical, dental, and vision, flexible spending, commuter benefits, and a 401(k) retirement plan that can include company contributions of up to 3% each year. We also offer a generous educational assistance program that supports ongoing learning and development, three weeks of paid time off, plus paid holidays.
It is the policy of SAGE Veterinary Centers to afford equal opportunities for all qualified persons, regardless of their actual or perceived: race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), age (40 and over), sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, and any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law (sometimes referred to, collectively, as “protected characteristics”).
For more information, contact Gina Gotsill, Director of Recruiting, at email@example.com
Visit our careers page to view all current openings! https://www.sagecenters.com/careers/