Location: San Marcos
Institution: Veterinary Specialty Hospital of San Diego
Veterinary Specialty Hospital of San Diego – North County is seeking an Anesthesiologist to join our 24/7 Emergency and Specialty Referral hospital in San Marcos, California.
We are looking for an anesthesiologist to support our hospital on a full-time basis. Come join our team and become part of our special work family and collaborative environment!
- Competitive base salary
- 4 weeks Paid Time Off annually
- Generous yearly CE allowance, including compensation and paid CE days
- Competitive comprehensive benefits package including insurance (health, dental, disability, life, home, and auto), flexible spending plans, 401(K), and growth opportunities at all levels of the organization
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented “family” culture. The success of our hospital is majorly attributed to our colleagues. We are proud of our highly collaborative culture that strives for excellence, positivity, and support. This teamwork and camaraderie translate to exceptional service to our patients, clients, and referring veterinarians.
- Premier emergency and specialty hospital located 30 miles north of San Diego including a recent 5,700 square foot expansion and addition of an MRI suite, physical therapy/ rehabilitation department, additional OR, 4 exam rooms, USP800 certified compounding and chemotherapy suite, and expanded treatment room and ER space
- 4 ORs, digital radiography, fluoroscopy (C-arm), laparoscopy, thoracoscopy, 16-slice CT, ultrasound, 1.5T MRI, and plan to construct a minimally invasive surgery suite
- In-house blood bank with processing capabilities
- Highly skilled nursing staff (including 2 VTS and 2 to test this year) with a strong interest in learning and expanding skill sets
- 7 day a week specialty services including ECC, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Neurology, Radiology, Oncology, Rehabilitation, and Dermatology for collaboration and consulting on cases
- Full-time licensed veterinary social worker dedicated to the support of clients and staff
- Robust House Officer Program including several rotating interns, specialty interns, and residents
We are seeking a team member who has excellent interpersonal skills, positive energy, desires to be a team player, is interested in contributing to the continued expansion of the department, can maintain a high case load, and possesses strong time management skills. Our emergency and critical care department has grown rapidly over the last year and with our continued expansion we are looking for an individual who desires to lead and continue to grow the service.
Veterinary Specialty Hospital and Ethos Veterinary Health: VSH North County is part of the Ethos Veterinary Health network of hospitals, providing our clinicians the opportunity to be part of a larger network of hospitals, but still maintain our distinctive identity. The focus of Ethos is on advancing veterinary medicine, along with providing high quality, compassionate care, which improves the lives of patients and their human companions. Our advancements center around three main areas: Transformative Science, Knowledge, and Collaboration.
During the difficult and unpredictable times of the coronavirus pandemic, Ethos has offered more than $900,000 in COVID pay to allow our employees to stay home in cases of exposure pending testing and more than $2.6 million in recognition bonuses for all of the hard work, dedication, and long hours staff have put in during these unprecedented and stressful times.
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Heather Kelly, LVT at email@example.com