Location: Concord, CA
Institution: Sage Veterinary Centers
Anesthesiologist – San Francisco Bay Area – New hospital with existing anesthesia service!
Who we are:
SAGE is a network of hospitals in the San Francisco Bay Area that is known for providing the highest level of Emergency and Specialty care in the industry. We are proud of the collaboration that happens in our hospitals — our specialists work together to enable optimal patient outcomes and foster professional growth and learning.
Our existing Concord, CA hospital is near completion on building a new spacious and modern facility! We are looking forward to welcoming an Anesthesiologist who will work alongside our growing teams.
Who you are:
- You’d like to join a team of Anesthesiologists that works together to elevate the level of veterinary medicine across all specialties.
- You are a residency-trained, board eligible, or boarded anesthesiologist with a strong background and interest in small animal anesthesia and analgesia.
- You want to join a network of hospitals that prioritizes continuing education for our doctors and technicians, and you want to play a role in educating them.
- You enjoy advancing veterinary anesthesia and analgesia knowledge and safety across all specialties in a collaborative environment.
Some of the responsibilities you will own in this role:
- Primary anesthesia care of challenging small animal cases.
- Supervision of anesthesia and analgesia care and advancing technician training to build a knowledgeable and skilled anesthesia team.
- Working with our team of anesthesiologists and other specialists to advance anesthesia and analgesia techniques, safety, and quality of our anesthesia programs. This includes provision of remote anesthesia care to our affiliate practices, giving them access to advanced anesthesia expertise.
- Provision of after-hours ER consults on a rotating basis with our other anesthesiologists. Our monitors allow real-time access from anywhere which allows us to provide expert care for any of our hospitals at any time.
- Serving as a resource for our referring veterinarians and SAGE Veterinary Centers partners to provide consultations and CE.
- Collaborating with other SAGE veterinary specialists on acute and chronic pain management planning.
Basic required qualifications:
- DVM eligible for licensure in California
- DACVAA or residency trained and board-eligible
Concord, CA, located in the East Bay Area is central to many popular destinations. Spend your down time skiing fresh powder in Tahoe, exploring the wonders of Yosemite, or keep it closer to home and visit the beautiful beaches and redwood forests that line the coast.
We also have beautiful, state-of-the-art hospitals across California in the following cities:
- Redwood City
- San Francisco
- Santa Barbara
Interested in locations outside of California? Check out our other states!
Compensation and perks:
- We strive to provide flexibility based on your life and your needs.
- We offer a competitive salary and potential production-based bonuses, with no negative accrual.
- SAGE provides a benefits package with generous employer cost sharing that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, 3 weeks of paid time off, paid holidays, commuter benefits, cell phone plan, California licensing fees, liability insurance, uniforms, veterinary association memberships, CE reimbursement annually, ultrasound training, and a 401(k) plan that can include employer contributions of up to 3% each year.
- Relocation assistance is always an option. Live and work in beautiful, temperate California!
- If you are interested in leadership roles, we have opportunities to serve on the SAGE Medical Advisory Board to help with decisions related to medical care, opportunities to provide CE to our SAGE employees, as well as opportunities to become part of formal leadership as a Medical Director in our hospitals.
- Paid time off for boards study is available.
SAGE Veterinary Centers, a nationally recognized veterinary specialty hospital system in the Bay Area and central Washington and Alaska employs 1000+ employees and veterinarians in a 24/7 setting. Our doctors and outstanding support staff have created a unique environment emphasizing high caliber, compassionate and ethical service to our patients, clients, and referring veterinarians, as well as a continued commitment to the growth and welfare of everyone involved in our organization.
It is the policy of SAGE Veterinary Centers to afford equal opportunities for all qualified persons, regardless of their actual or perceived: race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), age (40 and over), sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, and any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law (sometimes referred to, collectively, as “protected characteristics”).
For more information, contact Gina Gotsill, Director of Recruiting, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our careers page to view all current openings! https://www.sagecenters.com/careers/