Location: Concord, CA
We are expanding our Anesthesiology service and hiring for our brand new, state-of-the-art hospital in Concord, California.
You can learn more about SAGE Concord’s new building here.
Who we are:
SAGE Concord is proud of the collaboration that happens in our hospitals — our specialists work together to enable optimal patient outcomes and foster professional growth and learning. Our Anesthesiology service is a growing and vital part of the team!
Who you are:
- You’d like to join a team of 4 in-network Anesthesiologists that work together to elevate the level of veterinary medicine across all specialties.
- You are a residency-trained, board eligible, or boarded anesthesiologist with a strong background and interest in small animal anesthesia and analgesia.
- You want to join a network of hospitals that prioritizes continuing education for our doctors and technicians, and you want to play a role in educating them.
- You enjoy advancing veterinary anesthesia and analgesia knowledge and safety across all specialties in a collaborative environment.
Some of the responsibilities you will own in this role:
- Supervision of anesthesia and analgesia care and advancing technician training to build a knowledgeable and skilled anesthetist team.
- Working with our team of anesthesiologists and other specialists to advance anesthesia and analgesia techniques, safety, and quality of our anesthesia programs. This includes provision of remote anesthesia care to our affiliate practices, giving them access to advanced anesthesia expertise.
- Provision of after-hours anesthesia support on a rotating basis with our other anesthesiologists to provide remote care. Our monitors allow real-time access from anywhere which allows us to provide expert care for any of our hospitals.
- Serving as a resource for our referring veterinarians and partners to provide consultations and CE.
- Collaborating with other veterinary specialists on acute and chronic pain management planning.
Basic required qualifications:
- DVM eligible for licensure in California
- DACVAA or residency trained and board-eligible
Our doctors and outstanding support staff have created a unique environment emphasizing high caliber, compassionate and ethical service to our patients, clients, and referring veterinarians, as well as a continued commitment to the growth and welfare of everyone involved in our organization.
We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package with generous employer cost sharing that includes medical, dental, and vision, flexible spending, commuter benefits, and a 401(k) retirement plan that can include company contributions of up to 3% each year. We also offer a generous educational assistance program that supports ongoing learning and development, three weeks of paid time off, plus paid holidays.
If you are interested in joining our progressive, collaborative, and amazing hospital that cultivates your growth as a clinician, take the next step and apply online or send your CV to Amanda.Loseth@NVACompassionFirst.com #NVA-CF
NVA Compassion-First is a community of more than 115 specialty and emergency hospitals across North America driven by the spirit of collaboration and focused on empowering the advancement of veterinary medicine at the local hospital level. NVA Compassion-First is the trusted partner of hospital teams who are looking for more—more resources to advance their medicine, a greater sense of belonging, and increased opportunities to care for their patients, clients and people.