Location: Washington, DC
Institution: Friendship Hospital for Animals
Friendship Hospital for Animals seeking a full-time, boarded anesthesiologist to join our busy and expanding anesthesia and pain management team. They would be joining our current anesthesiologist in managing our growing anesthetic caseload throughout our facility. A successful candidate should possess excellent communication skills, a focus on teamwork and collaboration, and a desire to train and develop the anesthesia team.
- Supervise anesthesia of patients undergoing a diversity of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Monitoring available: invasive blood pressure monitoring, neuromuscular blockade monitoring, blood gas capabilities; dedicated in-suite MRI monitor with remote monitor
- Perform advanced locoregional anesthesia as indicated; a dedicated ultrasound with linear probe is available solely for this purpose.
- Consult with doctors of all hospital departments on pain management and sedation plans.
- Consult with referring veterinarians as need arises; opportunities to provide continuing education outside of the hospital may be available.
- Provide didactic lectures to rotating interns.
Established in 1936, Friendship Hospital for Animals provides high quality, compassionate veterinary care to the dogs and cats of the Washington, DC metro area. Our vision is to be the most medically progressive animal hospital in the country while adhering to our core values of teamwork, collaboration and respect. We provide wellness, emergency, and specialty care with over 60 veterinarians on staff including 12 rotating interns, and about 20 specialists. Friendship has specialty departments including emergency/critical care, clinical pathology, radiology, anesthesiology, oncology, neurology/neurosurgery, cardiology, dermatology, internal medicine, extracorporeal services, rehab/sports medicine, surgery and pain management.
Living in Washington, DC:
Friendship is proud to be a part of the Washington DC community. Our diverse and historic neighborhoods provide enrichment, entertainment, and excitement to new and long-term residents alike. While known for its monuments and museums – including the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, the Smithsonian’s National Zoo, National Museum of African American History and Culture, National Air and Space Museum, National Museum of the American Indian, and Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden – the District is also known for its parks and pet-friendly accommodations. Most residents live within a 10-minute walk of a park – including Rock Creek Park, the oldest urban park in the country, popular for hiking and outdoor activities. DC’s Kennedy Center and Lincoln Theater offer world-class entertainment and theater. Top universities such as Georgetown, Howard, George Washington, and American (situated around Friendship’s campus) attract students and scholars from around the world. Public transportation includes Metrorail, Metrobus, electric scooters, and Capital Bike Share. Enjoy DC’s varied and eclectic food scene, celebrate a win with the Washington Capitals and Washington Nationals, visit the century-old cherry blossoms or take a weekend trip to nearby Shenandoah Valley, Harper’s Ferry, or Annapolis.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply at Join Friendship or contact Angela Wynn at email@example.com