Location: King City, Ontario, Canada
Institution: King Animal Hospital
King Animal Hospital is seeking a Board-Certified Small Animal Anesthesiologist to join our multidisciplinary team.
You will play an important role in providing exceptional care for our small animal patients and will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on their well-being and health.
Who We Are
King Animal Hospital is a privately owned Equine and Small Animal Muli-Specialty Referral & Emergency Services Hospital located in King City, Ontario, Canada.
The first phase of our hospital is 60,000 square feet and features eight operating rooms, 12 exam rooms, two x-ray rooms, an intensive care unit (ICU), a large learning centre for knowledge exchange, corporate gym and more. We have two further phases started to expand our services.
Our hospital is not a production focused hospital. Our hospital has been meticulously designed to promote employee wellness and uphold the highest standards of patient care.
What We Offer:
At King Animal Hospital, we prioritize quality compassionate care over production. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package aimed at supporting your overall health and well-being. As a member of our team, you can expect:
- NO ON CALL
- A collaborative and open culture that encourages daily rounds, recorded surgeries, and provides technology support to facilitate your work.
- The assistance of a dedicated Social Worker who will provide education and support to prevent compassion fatigue and burnout.
- Flexible schedules, including options for full-time and part-time hours, as well as compressed workweeks.
- A competitive compensation package, including extended health benefits, paramedical coverage (naturopath, counseling, massage, chiropractor, physiotherapy, and more), vision care, and dental care. 100% of the premiums are covered by the employer.
- Ample time off to recharge, including generous paid vacation days, personal days, and sick days.
- An annual continuing education (CE) budget and dedicated time off to support your ongoing professional growth.
- Coverage for liability insurance, license and professional dues.
- Life Insurance coverage to ensure financial security.
- An attractive compensation package and reasonable hours that promote a healthy work-life balance in a beautiful area.
You will join a dynamic and collaborative multi-disciplinary team comprising approximately 100 staff members. This team includes an In-House Social Worker, Board-Certified Specialists including 2 Boarded Anesthesiologists, Small Animal & Equine Surgery, Internal Medicine, Critical Care, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Anesthesia, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Emergency Services, and Rehabilitation and a strong support team of Registered Veterinary Technicians, and Animal Care Attendants.
Diagnostics & Equipment:
At King Animal Hospital, we pride ourselves on utilizing advanced diagnostic tools and equipment to provide the best possible care.
Our diagnostic capabilities include: a 3T MRI (GE) for small animal patients, a 1.5 MRI (Siemens) for equine patients, CT-Scan with a robotic arm for equine (Universal Medical System), CT scan for small animal (GE128 slice), C-arm, ultrasound (Logic Q), video endoscopes, rigid scopes, laparoscopy/arthroscopy towers (Storz/Arthrex), I-Stat and Radiometer, 7 Force Triad vessel sealing units, Arthrex and Synthes TPLO and plate fixation, Biomedtrix I-loc fracture fixation and total hip replacements, high flow oxygen and mechanical ventilation, ECG, VCM for Viscoelastic Coagulation
To further aid in surgical outcomes, we have a well-equipped rehabilitation center catering to both equine and small animal patients. This center includes three canine hydrotherapy treadmills, a regular canine treadmill, an equine hydrotherapy treadmill, a canine rehabilitation pool, laser therapy (Companion Class IV), a 6000-square-foot indoor equine ring, and a hyperbaric chamber.
We are one of only two veterinary hospitals in Canada to house a Hyperbaric Chamber (Sechrist Veterinary). Additionally, we have access to Laser Therapy, an in-house IDEXX lab, and Cubex for Pharmaceuticals.
King Animal Hospital is nestled in the beautiful region of King City, Ontario, Canada located just north of the vibrant city of Toronto. This idyllic location offers the perfect blend of natural beauty and urban convenience. With its picturesque landscapes, including rolling hills, lush greenery, and serene countryside, King City provides a peaceful and tranquil environment that serves as a welcome retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life. As a veterinarian, you’ll have the opportunity to live and work in a community that values a high quality of life, excellent schools, and a strong sense of community. Additionally, the proximity to Toronto offers endless cultural, entertainment, and dining options, ensuring that you’ll never run out of things to explore and experience. Embrace a fulfilling career and an enriching lifestyle in King City, Ontario.
About You & How to Apply
- Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Board-Certified Anesthesiologist.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Small Animal Anesthesia.
- Equine anesthesia experience is an asset.
- Your soft skills are as important to us as your technical skills as we are building a positive, collaborative team environment.
- You have compassion for animals and for your colleagues and clients.
Please send inquiries to Tammy Brumwell, Head of Human Resources at email@example.com or if you have questions please call/text +1-365-340-5518
King Animal Hospital’s values revolve around compassion, knowledge exchange, innovation, and fostering a diverse work environment where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual or affectional preference, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require assistance or accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please let us know. You can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Head of Human Resources, Tammy Brumwell, at 365-340-5518. We welcome any questions you may have and look forward to hearing from you soon.