Location: Toronto, Canada
Institution: Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital
Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital (TVEH) is welcoming a board-certified or residency-trained anesthesiologist to join our well-established and growing referral/emergency hospital. TVEH is a large multispecialty practice located in Toronto, Ontario. We offer referral services in surgery, internal medicine, neurology, cardiology, critical care, and diagnostic imaging. Our ER doctors provide 24/7 emergency care and our ICU is staffed 365 days/year by board-certified critical. Our 16,000 sq. ft. facility is equipped with MRI and CT, a mechanical ventilator, and extensive anesthesia monitoring capability.
The successful candidate will
- Provide anesthesia consultations and support for all specialty services.
- Responsibilities will include developing anesthetic protocols and supervising a team of anesthesia technicians experienced in handling both routine and complex anesthesia cases.
- Participation in the delivery of continuing education to TVEH staff and to the local veterinary community is also expected.
- TVEH uses a team-based approach to case consultation and management; we believe that this collaboration between specialties allows us to provide optimal patient care and client service.
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- Generous compensation and sign-on bonuses
- RRSP 5% Employer Group Match Program!
- Comprehensive educational resources in our e-university
- Continuing education benefits – we know you love to learn!
- Career and leadership opportunities
- Opportunities to continue your career path; medical director, medical advisory board, special projects, and other leadership roles
- Relocation assistance; Immigration support
- Licensing, membership dues, and conference fees
- Referral bonus rewards
We care about your well-being and invest in resources for our associates:
- Flexible scheduling to support a healthy work life balance
- VCA Academy Mentorship Program for new/recent graduates or those new to primary care; a 90-day personalized structured mentorship program with ongoing support! Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA Canada initiatives