Location: Columbia, MO
Institution: University of Missouri
The University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery, seeks applications for a full-time tenure track or non-tenure track faculty position in Veterinary Anesthesiology at the Assistant, Associate, or Professor level.
Details about position, MU and Columbia are posted online at https://hr.missouri.edu/job-openings job # 45372.
This appointment’s primary teaching and clinical focus is providing faculty support to the anesthesiology section in the Veterinary Health Center (VHC). As part of this appointment, the successful candidate will:
- Provide clinical instruction of students (professional), interns, and residents in veterinary anesthesia, analgesia, and perioperative medicine utilizing the caseload of the VHC.
- Contribute to the professional and graduate curriculum by participating in classroom and laboratory instruction. Opportunities for online instruction are possible.
- Represent the University, College, and VHC through outreach activities for animal‐owning public, referring veterinarians, or other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide consultation to off-site, university-operated clinics.
- Participate with other faculty and house officers in after‐hours call.
- Participate in the discovery process by participating in research and graduate/house officer research. Individuals in the tenure track will be expected to develop a productive research focus.
- Participate in faculty governance activities.
Distribution of effort will be based on the successful candidate’s qualifications, career goals, and the needs of the anesthesia section.
- A Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree (such as VMD, BVSc)
- Completion of a residency designed to meet the requirements for certification in American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia or European College of Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia by the start date
Candidates will be evaluated on:
- Eligibility for licensure to practice veterinary medicine in Missouri
- Professional, residency and graduate training
- Research productivity and granting activity for individuals in the tenure track
Application materials must be submitted online: https://hr.missouri.edu/job-openings. Interested candidates should be prepared to attach:
- a letter stating professional interests and career goals.
- contact information (including email addresses) for three references.
- a curriculum vitae.
If you have questions about the online application process, please consult Human Resources web sites: email email@example.com or call (573)882‐7976.
Applications will be reviewed until a suitable candidate is identified.
Candidates will be assessed based upon educational and professional achievement. Clinical experience, communication skills, experience working effectively in diverse environments, and letters of reference will all be considered in selection of a candidate. The potential for the candidate to work within the framework of the anesthesia section will also be assessed, as will specialty and/or research training and teaching experience.
If you have questions about the position, please contact Dr. Alex Bukoski at 573.882.7821 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with education, training, and experience.
These positions are eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits.
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery, and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations, or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Director of Employee and Labor Relations at 573-884-2577.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Accessibility and ADA at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
Columbia Missouri Information
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities, and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.
Our Campus and Our Community
MU’s Veterinary Health Center is a state-of-the-art teaching and medical services facility for companion animals as well as livestock. Columbia is an ideal location for such a teaching hospital with a robust small animal case load. Missouri is a strong agricultural state with large numbers of horses, cattle, hogs, and poultry.
MU is a nationally competitive, global university. Many states fund separate research and land-grant universities, but Missouri combines those roles at its flagship institution. MU is both a land-grant university with a statewide mission of service to citizens and Missouri’s largest public research university. Mizzou is one of only five universities nationwide that offers law, medicine, veterinary medicine, and a nuclear research reactor on one campus.
MU is a national leader in comparative medicine, in which researchers collaborate by sharing discoveries, innovations and treatments for humans and animals. For more about the College of Veterinary Medicine and our impact on Missouri, the nation, and the world, go to:
- University of Missouri/College of Veterinary Medicine- http://cvm.missouri.edu/
- Veterinary Health Center- http://www.vmth.missouri.edu/
- Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery- http://www.vms.missouri.edu/faculty.html
- Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Lab- http://vmdl.missouri.edu/
Studies consistently rank Columbia as a top city in which to live for educational facilities, health care, technological savvy, economic growth, and cultural opportunities. The cost of living is affordable, whether you prefer an apartment in the city, a farm on a country road or a family home near a top-notch school. With a population of 126,853, Columbia is in the heart of Missouri on Interstate 70.
Here are a variety of links that provide insights to this special place to live:
Columbia Convention and Visitors Bureau – http://www.visitcolumbiamo.com/
Columbia-Downtown Association – http://www.discoverthedistrict.com/
Columbia Public Schools – https://www.cpsk12.org/
Columbia Catholic School – http://www.ccsk8.org/
Columbia Independent School – http://cislions.org/
Daniel Boone Regional Library – http://www.dbrl.org/
Trail Directory– http://www.gocolumbiamo.com/ParksandRec/Trails/
Columbia Parks and Recreation – http://www.gocolumbiamo.com/ParksandRec/
Columbia Activity and Recreation Center – http: //www.gocolumbiamo.com/ParksandRec/ARC/
Katy Trial – http://www.bikekatytrail.com/columbia.asp
MO Dept of Conservation – 22 area sites – http://mdc.mo.gov/
Daniel Boone Regional Library – http://www.dbrl.org/
Columbia’s Farmer’s Market – http://www.columbiafarmersmarket.org/
Film Festival – http://ragtagfilm.com/
Blues Festival – http://www.rootsnbluesnbbq.com/
True/False Film Festival – https://truefalse.org/
University Concert Series – http://www.concertseries.org/
Sports – MU Tigers https://mutigers.com/, Cardinals, Royals, Blues, & St. Louis City SC in 2023!