Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Institution: Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital
Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital is seeking a board-certified Veterinary Anesthesiologist for a growing multispecialty referral hospital supporting 2 surgeons and multiple other specialties. This is an opportunity to work with the service RVTs to provide advanced anesthesia while building a dedicated RVT team.
Come work and play in one of the most beautiful cities in the world! Victoria enjoys the mildest climate of any city in Canada, and boasts the rugged, natural beauty of the Pacific coast. Join us in providing state of the art veterinary care in our brand new 20,000 sq. Ft. facility. This hospital is well equipped with digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, fluoroscopy, CT and MRI imaging, radiation therapy, on-site diagnostic laboratory, and advanced monitoring equipment.
- Board Certification, diplomate status in Anesthesia
- 1 year post resident experience as an Anesthesiologist
- 1 year experience with supervising a technician team
- 1 year experience lecturing or teaching technicians and student veterinarians: advanced and new anesthesia techniques and skills, including ventilation, pain management and monitoring critical patients
- Excellent diagnostic and clinical skills
What VCA Canada Offers:
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families!
- Generous compensation and sign-on bonuses
- RRSP 5% Employer Group Match Program!
- Paid sick days
- Paid wellness days
- Excellent vacation allowance
- Comprehensive educational resources in our e-university
- Continuing education benefits – we know you love to learn!
- Career and leadership opportunities
- Opportunities to continue your career path, medical director, medical advisory board, special projects, and other leadership roles
- Relocation assistance; Immigration support
- Licensing, membership dues, and conference fees
- Referral bonus rewards
- Flexible scheduling to support a healthy work life balance
- Wellness days, sick days, and vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (tele-medicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA initiatives
$190,000 (CDN) plus signing bonus