Location: Washington, D.C.
Institution: Friendship Hospital for Animals
We are seeking a full-time, boarded anesthesiologist to join our busy and expanding anesthesia and pain management team. They would be joining our current anesthesiologist in managing our growing anesthetic caseload throughout our facility. A successful candidate should possess excellent communication skills, a focus on teamwork and collaboration, and a desire to train and develop the anesthesia team.
About the Hospital:
Established in 1936, Friendship Hospital for Animals provides high quality, compassionate veterinary care to the dogs and cats of the Washington D.C. metro area. Our vision is to be the most medically progressive small animal hospital in the country while adhering to our core values of teamwork, collaboration and respect. We provide wellness, emergency and specialty care with over 60 veterinarians on staff, including 13 rotating interns and over 20 specialists. Friendship has specialty departments including emergency/critical care, clinical pathology, radiology, anesthesiology, oncology, ophthalmology, neurology/neurosurgery, cardiology, dermatology, internal medicine/hemodialysis, rehab therapy, and surgery. We have MRI, CT, a separate dedicated ICU, long-term ventilator capability, and hemodialysis onsite. In addition to providing clients and their pets the highest quality of medicine and service, Friendship Hospital is also a fun and rewarding place to work and grow. Excellent compensation and generous benefits are offered.
- Supervise anesthesia of patients undergoing a diversity of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Monitoring available: invasive blood pressure monitoring, neuromuscular blockade monitoring, blood gas capabilities; dedicated in-suite MRI monitor with remote monitor
- Perform advanced locoregional anesthesia as indicated; a dedicated ultrasound with linear probe is available solely for this purpose.
- Consult with doctors of all hospital departments on pain management and sedation plans.
- Consult with referring veterinarians as need arises; opportunities to provide continuing education outside of the hospital may be available.
- Provide didactic lectures to rotating interns.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply at friendshiphospital.com/careers or contact Kieran Mara, Hospital Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org