Institution: Veterinary Professional Services (VPS) division at Zoetis Petcare
Field Specialists are a team within Veterinary Professional Services (VPS) division at Zoetis Petcare. The team includes seven talented boarded-certified specialists with unique focus areas, unparalleled in number and breadth of expertise by any other animal health company. The team includes internationally recognized thought leaders with extensive backgrounds in clinical practice, academia and research. They are committed to supporting our industry-leading field force by providing our customers and the veterinary profession with expert contemporary medical education and scientific support so that Zoetis may maintain a sustainable competitive advantage with our science, our products and our services. In addition, our Field Specialists provide critical medical and educational support to Strategic Customer Accounts and our corporate Major Account partners who are key to the Zoetis Petcare business strategy.
The Field Pain Specialist will be a highly valued and respected scientific advisor to business leadership and headquarters marketing teams on products, services, future pipeline products and all matters which relate to pain. While the primary objective is directed towards supporting our customers and field colleagues, this role is highly collaborative, working in a matrixed environment with numerous internal and external stakeholders.
Collaboration with field colleagues to provide education to veterinarians and veterinary staff (90% of the role)
- Be a valued partner with sales colleagues and technical veterinarians to provide persuasive educational presentations and discussions to veterinary customers on all aspects of pain (prevention, detection and treatment).
- Provide balanced product advocacy in scientific education to customers with integrity and advocacy for best medicine
- Adapt content and communication/delivery to address unique customer opportunities and challenges to showcase and grow Zoetis pain portfolio
- Generate innovative content to share insights and experience to grow the business and to elucidate and leverage new business opportunities
- Play an active role in identifying key customers/influencers and in devising and executing key customer strategies in support of Strategic and Major Accounts and in collaboration with Veterinary Professional Services
Other responsibilities (10 % of the role)
Training / Education:
Professional / Customer Organizations:
Required Job related candidate qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree or equivalent
- Recognized expert in pain with board certification (surgery, anesthesiology, internal medicine, sports medicine or other), and/or extensive research output, and/or significant experience in clinical practice, academia, or industry
- Thought leader who challenges status quo and can drive paradigm shifts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Ability to collaborate and effectively work within cross-functional teams
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to rapidly evolving business needs
- Ability to work and navigate in an environment of regulatory and legal processes
- Ability to travel 60-70% in a post-COVID world
- Some weekend travel will be necessary
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
- Research experience,
- Published scientific papers, book chapters etc.
- History of leadership in related professional organizations
Link to full Job Description and application: https://zoetis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/zoetis/job/Parsippany/Veterinary-Professional-Services—Field-Specialist–Pain-_JR00006490-1.