Location: Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia
Institution: Charles Sturt University
Reference no: 496940
Work type: Continuing – Full Time
Location: Wagga Wagga
Categories: Academic – Teaching and Research
- Demonstrate your academic and clinical anaesthesia expertise to deliver and lead high-quality, student-centred learning
- Deliver high-class clinical services at our state-of-the-art Veterinary Clinical Centre
- Generous relocation support provided to assist you to relocate to beautiful Wagga Wagga or surrounds
- Continuing, Full time
- Level B/C – AUD$107,098 to AUD$150,813 pa (plus 17% superannuation)
- Clinical loading and remuneration for on call responsibilities
- Wagga Wagga, NSW
As the Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Anaesthesia, you will be providing teaching and clinical services at the Veterinary Clinical Centre (VCC) and in the School of Agricultural, Environmental and Veterinary Sciences.
Working with our surgical and medical teams and technical staff, you will be joining a team focused on delivering high-quality clinical services, as well as teaching and learning and research. You will be required to deliver teaching to undergraduate and postgraduate students in both a clinical and didactic setting.
To be successful in this role, you will possess advanced clinical and academic skills relevant to anaesthesia. For level C applicants, specialist and/or advanced qualifications in the field of the anaesthesia field is required. You will also have proven leadership and stakeholder engagement capabilities to engage with professional bodies and industry stakeholders. Additionally, you will demonstrate commitment to upholding the University’s values and the advancement of the discipline of anaesthesia and the veterinary profession through professional activity and/o research.
The successful candidate will be appointed to either a teaching research or teaching professional work function and will have access to the University’s generous relocation support scheme.
To be successful you will have:
- A relevant qualification appropriate to the level being applied for, or equivalent experience, accreditation and standing in anaesthesia
- Current registration or eligibility for registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW
- Commitment and experience in delivering high-quality, student-centred learning and teaching to undergraduate veterinary students
- A record of professional activity and experience in advanced anaesthesia clinical practice, and for level C applicants, a record of significant achievement at a national level relevant to anaesthesia.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The Faculty of Science and Health delivers flexible and innovative teaching programs which provide graduates with the skills and knowledge to build a career, advance their profession and contribute to their community. We currently have more than 9000 students and over 500 staff dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge.
The School of Agricultural, Environmental and Veterinary Sciences provides more than twenty undergraduate and postgraduate courses within the Faculty of Science and Health. This includes Agricultural Science, Agribusiness Animal Science, Environmental Science and Management and Veterinary Science. The School has substantial infrastructure of a high standard for training veterinary undergraduates and postgraduates, including access to on-campus veterinary enterprises in Wagga. The School has a strong research profile, including significant numbers of undergraduate honours and higher research degree students. Relevant research strengths include animal health, welfare and diseases, epidemiology, biosecurity, toxicology, animal models of human conditions and animal production.
Charles Sturt University offers great benefits such as a work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. This is demonstrated through our Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice Citation and our Athena SWAN Bronze Institutional Award. Charles Sturt is also a participating member in the Australian Workplace Equality Index. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQA+; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Additional information is available in the position description:
- Level B – Position Description – Lecturer in Veterinary Anaesthesia
- Level C – Position Description – Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Anaesthesia
or by contacting:
Dr Chris Quinn | Registered Specialist in Veterinary Anaesthesia | email@example.com| Ph: (02) 6933 4142
Closing Date: 11pm, 2 October 2024