Location: Tinton Falls, NJ
Institution: NVA Compassion-First, Red Bank
Red Bank Veterinary Hospitals, Tinton Falls, is currently seeking a second full time anesthesiologist to join our growing team!
RBVH is a 24-hour emergency and critical care facility located in Tinton Falls, minutes from the beach and an hour from New York City and Philadelphia. We are a specialty practice, general practice, and house call service that utilizes the most current procedures and state-of-the-art equipment. Our specialty practice includes board certified specialists in anesthesiology & pain management, avian & exotics, cardiology, clinical nutrition, critical care, dentistry & oral surgery, dermatology & allergy, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, interventional radiology & endoscopy, neurology & neurosurgery, oncology (medical & radiation), ophthalmology, physical rehabilitation and surgery (orthopedic & soft tissue). We also offer acupuncture and therapeutic laser.
The Anesthesiology & Pain Management department consists of one board certified veterinary anesthesiologist, who oversees approximately 350-400 cases per month that are anesthetized for procedures by our surgery, general practice, emergency, dentistry and oral surgery, internal medicine, ophthalmology, neurology, exotics, interventional radiology, oncology, and radiology services. The department also offers pain management and medical acupuncture consults for acute and chronic patients, both in-patient and outpatient. Department rounds and grand rounds are held daily with specialists, residents, and interns. The department is supported by highly-trained technicians and technician assistants.
The role of the successful candidate would include
- Supervision of all patients sedated and anesthetized for a wide variety of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Instruction and supervision of all personnel administering sedation and anesthesia, including technicians, residents, and interns.
- Consult with doctors of all hospital departments on sedation, anesthesia, and analgesic plans.
- Perform advanced locoregional anesthesia, utilizing a dedicated ultrasound
- Provide direct anesthesia monitoring and care for individual patients. Monitoring available includes multiparameter units that include invasive blood pressure monitoring, neuromuscular blockade monitoring, and blood gas evaluation.
- Provide didactic lectures to house officers and technical staff.
- Consult with referring veterinarians regarding anesthesia and pain management cases.
- Provide continuing education for staff referral community.
- Provide outpatient pain management care for RBVH and referral patients, depending on candidate’s interests and training.
If you are interested in being part of progressive emergency and referral hospital, we would like to speak with you!
Please send your CV to Patrick.OKeefe@NVACompassionFirst.com if you are interested in this outstanding opportunity.