Location: Sydney, Australia
Institution: University of Sydney, Sydney School of Veterinary Science
Job title – Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Anaesthesia (Education Focused)
School of Veterinary Science
Reference no. 828/0720C
- Opportunity to work Veterinary Anaesthesia and research at the school ranked #1 in Australia and #12 globally
- Located on the Camperdown and Camden Campuses, at the School of Veterinary Science
- Full-time, continuing – Level C with a base salary of $133K – $153K p.a. plus annual leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
We are seeking to appoint an education focused or teaching and research focused Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Anaesthesia, working under the broad direction of the Head of School and Dean. This role plays an important part of a veterinary anaesthesia team in the Sydney School of Veterinary Science. The team has responsibilities in clinical teaching of DVM4 students, practical and didactic teaching of DVM3 students and other minor responsibilities across the remainder of the DVM curriculum.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Senior Lecturer who:
- has a veterinary degree that permits full registration within the Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW
- has a specialist level qualification in Veterinary Anaesthesia allowing registration in NSW as a Specialist Veterinary Anaesthetist
- has a postgraduate qualification in veterinary anaesthesia or significant progression towards this
- is experienced in provision of clinical training and enhancing the students learning experience
- has exceptional experience in teaching and learning, as evidenced by leading team teaching within an established program
- has demonstrated success in supporting the academic endeavour in providing a student enabling environment
To learn more about the School of Veterinary Science click here
Intending applicants are welcome to seek further information about the position from Professor Mark Krockenberger, Veterinary Pathology, Sydney School of Veterinary Science on +61 2 9351 2023 firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Professor Mark Krockenberger, click here
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit https://sydney.edu.au/about-us/careers-at-sydney.html and search by the reference number 828/0720C to apply.
Routine pre-employment probity checks will be carried out for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, 18 August 2020 (Sydney Time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.