Location: Camperdown, Australia
Institution: University of Sydney
0093535 – Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Anaesthesia
• Full time Continuing employment, located on the Camperdown Campus at the School of Veterinary Science
• Opportunity to teach, research and engage with the school ranked #2 in Australia and #22 globally
• Base Salary Level C $135K – $156K p.a. + 17% superannuation + generous loading for registered specialist
About the opportunity
We are seeking to appoint teaching and research focused Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Anaesthesia position, working under the broad direction of the Head of School and Dean. This role plays an important part of a veterinary anaesthesia team in the Sydney School of Veterinary Science. The team has responsibilities in clinical teaching of DVM4 students, practical and didactic teaching of DVM3 students and other minor responsibilities across the remainder of the DVM curriculum.
This teaching and research focus role is a standard clinical academic role with responsibilities more evenly spread across research, teaching and clinical activity. In this role, the appointee will actively engage and collaborate in the development and delivery of teaching and assessment resources for students (including undergraduates, postgraduates and residents), conduct discipline specific research of national and international quality, and deliver clinical services in veterinary anaesthesia.
This position will be primarily located at Camperdown campus with some travel expected to the Camden campus. The school provides a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in veterinary and associated disciplines. The appointee will be actively engaged in the development and delivery of anaesthesia services at the University Veterinary Teaching Hospitals. The appointee will teach in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Program and advance knowledge in veterinary anaesthesia through research and scholarly activities.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
• build and maintain reputation of academic excellence
• make original and innovative contribution to research and education which expand knowledge or practice
• maintain a research profile which meets University expectations and standards
• lead the development in research which enhance the reputation of the School, such as leading participation in internationally-funded research projects or partner-engaged research projects
• contribute to outstanding in teaching and learning outcomes
• actively contribute to research, education and administrative activities.
Since the founding of veterinary science in 1910, the mission of the Sydney School of Veterinary Science (SSVS) has been to provide the nation’s best training in the health, welfare, and conservation of animals. The School is internationally accredited with the American Veterinary Medical Association, Canadian Veterinary Medical Association, Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (UK) and the Australasian Veterinary Boards Council. Veterinary science at Sydney is ranked 2 nd in the Southern Hemisphere and 22nd in the world, according to the QS World University Subject Rankings 2022, and is rated 5/5 for research in the Australian Government’s 2018 Excellence in Research for Australia. Its Camden campus provides access to an extensive network of farms and research units, including pig, poultry and aquaculture facilities, veterinary diagnostic, pathology and imaging services, and dedicated research laboratory infrastructure. To learn more about the Sydney School of Veterinary Science click here
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Anaesthesia who has:
• a veterinary degree that permits full registration within the Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW
• a specialist level qualification in Veterinary Anaesthesia allowing registration in NSW as a Specialist Veterinary Anaesthetist
• a postgraduate qualification in veterinary anaesthesia or significant progression towards this
• is experienced in provision of clinical training and enhancing the students learning experience
• exceptional experience in teaching and learning, as evidenced by leading team teaching within an established program
• demonstrated success in supporting the academic endeavour in providing a student enabling environment.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Closing date for applications 11.59pm, 26 June 2022
How to apply
Please click here to apply https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/enUS/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE/details/Senior-Lecturer-Veterinary-Anaesthesia_0093535?q=0093535
© The University of Sydney