Location: Sydney, NSW, AUS
Institution: University of Sydney, College of Veterinary Medicine
Opportunity to provide best-practice in Small Animal Anaesthesia veterinary services. Located on the Camperdown Campus in the Veterinary Science School ranked #1 in Australia and #16 globally
Full time (38 hours per week), HEO 9 fixed term 12 months, offering a base salary of $135K – $142K p.a., plus 15% clinical loading, annual leave loading and generous employer’s contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity – The successful applicant will provide best-practice veterinary anaesthesia services at the University Veterinary Teaching Hospital Sydney and Camden. They will take an active role in the training of undergraduate and postgraduate students working in the University Veterinary Teaching Hospital. They will also be expected to assist in the development & implementation of the Unit’s Strategic Plan actively contributing to its management, including contributing to the financial viability of the Unit. The applicant will be expected to pursue clinical research to further knowledge of their speciality. To learn more about the Sydney School of Veterinary Science click here
About you The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Clinical Specialist in Small Animal Anaesthesia who has:
- a degree in veterinary science registrable in NSW (or equivalent) and subsequent relevant veterinary experience
- registration with the NSW Veterinary Practitioners Board as a Specialist in Anaesthesia
- a willingness to accept responsibility for teaching undergraduate veterinarians sound principles of anaesthesia and delivery of lectures and tutorials
- experience with emergency & critical care cases and the ability to cope with stressful situations
- enthusiasm and demonstrated experience in clinical teaching of undergraduate students
- experience in multi-person, specialist small animal practice or university environment
Please address the below questions in a cover letter and attach to your online application
- Provide an example where you have provided high quality clinical anaesthesia in a complicated case
- Detail an experience in which you managed conflicting demands effectively in a clinical environment
Other The 15% veterinary clinical specialist loading is available once registered as specialist by NSW Veterinary Practitioners Boar
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in tedrms satisfactory to the University. Similarly your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment. For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit https://sydney.edu.au/about-us/careers-at-sydney.html and search by the job requisition number 0078022 to apply.
Closing date: 11:59pm, Wednesday 21 April 2021
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.