Location: Redwood City and Concord CA
Institution: SAGE Veterinary Centers
Who we are:
SAGE Veterinary Centers is a community of hospitals known for excellence in patient care and collaboration across multiple specialties. Our medical teams have a reputation for delivering a high level of coaching and mentoring to doctors at all levels of their career. We are seeking a specialist in Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Neurology, Anesthesia or Oncology who will work part-time clinical duties and part-time Medical Director duties of two of our hospitals: SAGE Redwood City and SAGE Concord.
Feel free to email Gina Gotsill, Director of Recruiting (email@example.com) to learn more about our culture and this opportunity.
Our hospitals have busy caseloads and highly trained clinical staff who have access to plentiful CE and growth opportunities provided by SAGE’s Learning and Development department. Doctors collaborate across the following specialties:
- Critical Care
- Urgent Care
- Internal Medicine
- Physical Rehab
- Who you are:
If you are a board-certified or residency-trained specialist in Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Neurology, Anesthesia or Oncology who is eager to collaborate with stellar peers as well as have demonstrated leadership experience, we would like to connect with you. You will be challenged, you will learn, your compassion, skills, and ambition will be rewarded.
General Job Description
Our specialists have primary case responsibility receiving patients and caring for their inpatients. We have 24/7 emergency services in our hospital with ultrasound, MRI, CT scan equipment. You will have plenty of specialists to work alongside to collaborate on patient care, as well as a team who is seeking a compassionate, motivated leader of the specialists. We have biweekly meetings with Medical Directors and managers from our other SAGE hospitals, which includes formal leadership training activities monthly.
- Part-time on clinics is 2-3 days/week, with the other days dedicated to management duties as Medical Director.
- Join our team in Redwood City or Concord! Our hospitals are approximately 1 hour from San Francisco, 3.5 hrs to the Sierras/Tahoe, or Yosemite.
Our values in action:
- Collaboration: With multiple specialties, you’ll have the opportunity to share knowledge with a community of brilliant and diverse team of doctors
- Sustainability: As our industry changes, smaller, doctor led community practices are becoming more and more rare. We are constantly enhancing our model and growth strategy to ensure that the SAGE way thrives and spreads, keeping our core values and methods intact.
- Compassion: Our work is about caring for living creatures, no matter how many legs they use. We place compassion first for our patients and their people, as well as for each other.
- Innovation: Top technology and top skills, we are about pushing the envelope to serve our community
- The best deserve to be compensated as such. You will receive pay as a clinician as well as a Medical Director.
- SAGE also provides a benefits package with generous employer cost sharing that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, commuter benefits, cell phone plan, California licensing fees, liability insurance, uniforms, veterinary association memberships, CE reimbursement annually, ultrasound training, a 401(k) plan that can include employer contributions of up to 3% each year.
- There is opportunity to purchase equity in SAGE as a full-time doctor, and opportunity to be awarded equity in SAGE with tenure.
- As a Medical Director, we also have you lead other doctor teams to assist with driving the best quality medicine at SAGE, such as the SAGE Medical Advisory Board to help with decisions related to medical care and opportunities to provide CE to our SAGE employees.
SAGE Centers, a nationally recognized veterinary specialty hospital system in the Bay Area (Concord, Dublin, Campbell, Redwood City, San Francisco and San Carlos), central Washington and Alaska. SAGE employs 600+ employees and veterinarians in a 24/7 setting. Our doctors and outstanding support staff have created a unique environment emphasizing high caliber, compassionate and ethical service to our patients, clients, and referring veterinarians, as well as a continued commitment to the growth and welfare of everyone involved in our organization.
It is the policy of SAGE Centers to afford equal opportunities for all qualified persons, regardless of their actual or perceived: race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), age (40 and over), sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, and any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law (sometimes referred to, collectively, as “protected characteristics”).
Visit our careers page to view all current openings! http://www.sagecenters.com/careers/
Apply for this position or learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org.